Are you thinking of booking travel sometime soon? If so, here’s our list of top 3 things to know before you book!
Top 3 reasons to use a travel agent:
- Travel agents are required to be licensed in BC. Using a licensed travel agent gives you the added protection of BC’s Travel Assurance Fund. Believe us, this is important. We have paid out over a million dollars to travellers to date for travel services they didn’t receive. Look for a licensed agent on our website.
- You get advice from a travel agent and it actually does save you time. Just tell them what you want and ta-da! They take care of all the research and bookings for you.
- You have someone to call in a travel emergency. If something happens during your trip (maybe the hotel doesn’t have your room?), it’s great to have someone you can call to help you out with your travel arrangements. You may be surprised at how much they can assist you.
Top 3 tidbits about BC’s Travel Assurance Fund:
- The TAF is meant to compensate the person who paid for the contracted travel services that were not provided. Maybe your airline ceased operations? It has happened.
- All claims must be received within 6 months after the date of the loss.
- Just so you know, the TAF doesn’t cover things like gift certificates, damage deposits, dissatisfaction with the quality of service such as poor accommodations, the occurrence of natural disasters, or bad weather, or other circumstances beyond the control of the travel supplier. Find out more about the eligibility of the TAF on our website.
Happy Travels! And if you have any travel related questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.
Bruce & Anne’s story: A happy ending to a great African adventure
Has bad weather delayed or cancelled your flight?
Cruise control: how Joan’s vacation was saved by a travel agent
Tips for booking travel online
6 thoughts on “Travelling? Top 3 things you need to know before you book”
Thanks for the tip!
I followed all the prompts but ended up without opening anything. Have I misunderstood the game? Not enough info and now you have all my info and now all my friends are going to receive this too. So my question is “how do I win a prize?” I didn’t get the opportunity to open to win anything!
Hi Lorraine, you have to enter through our Facebook page. Visit http://www.worldtravelercontest.ca and it should prompt you to like our page and put in your name and email address to enter. If you have already done that, then you are good to go!
I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble Lorraine. If you go to our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/ConsumerProtectionBC and send us a direct message, we will help you enter.
I would love to go to Paris France!!!!!!
HI Catherine, thanks for your comment. If you are participating in the contest on Facebook, you need to comment in the post itself to be entered to win. Best of luck!