Get your content rated

Want to request a classification for a film or trailer shown in Ontario? The rules have changed. Visit our Distributing to other provinces page and select the Ontario drop-down menu for more information.

In BC, all motion pictures must be classified (rated) before being shown in theatres, and all Adult and Restricted DVDs must be submitted for review and decaled before being sold or rented by retailers.

A motion picture may include, but is not limited to:

  • a movie or “feature”
  • a documentary
  • a short film
  • a featurette or “sneak preview”
  • an encore exhibition of a simultaneous broadcast
  • an advertising trailer

If you are already a licensed distributor, access our online submission forms directly.

Read the Motion Picture Act.
Read the Motion Picture Act Regulations.

How to get a rating

Distributing to another province? 

Learn more about distributing to Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.