Our authority & governance
The Business Practices and Consumer Protection Authority Act established the Business Practices and Consumer Protection Authority (now doing business as Consumer Protection BC) as a not for profit corporation without share capital and led by a board of directors. Read the Business Practices and Consumer Protection Authority Act.
- The 2020-2050 Administrative Agreement with the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General to protect and educate consumers by carrying out our responsibilities under BC’s consumer protection laws.
- Our contract with Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure to provide telephone and web-based services to direct comments and concerns regarding taxi services and Transportation Network Services (ride hailing).
- Our Agreement with the Province of Saskatchewan to provide classification services for all new theatrical releases and adult videos on behalf of the Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority. Read the related 2021 Addendum to the Agreement.
- Our Agreement with the Province of Manitoba to provide classification services for the province.
- Our Memorandum of Understanding with the Competition Bureau to enhance cooperation between our agencies.
- Our Memorandum of Understanding with the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to enhance cooperation between our agencies.