By law, any person or business that provides travel services to the public needs a licence. Travel services include transportation, accommodation, or another service that is combined with transportation or accommodation. If you operate from a retail location or are home-based, you still need a licence.

There are two types of licences; one for travel agents and one for travel wholesalers/ accommodation providers. Your business model may need both.

What’s the difference?

  • A travel agent sells or provides travel services directly to the public but those services are supplied by a third party
  • A travel wholesaler either buys or gets the rights to resell travel services from a third party, or deals with travel agents or other wholesalers to sell travel services supplied by a third party

Read the Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act.
Read the Travel Industry Regulation.

How to get licensed: travel agent or wholesaler

You are required to provide the following to be licensed.

Licence application forms

We are moving offices! During this transition, portions of our website and MyAccount may not work as expected. Please be patient while we settle into our new space.