Know your fees
All funeral provider licences expire on September 14.
Licence application fees
- Funeral provider licence: $604
- Licence for funeral director, embalmer, or both: $213
Licence renewal fees
For applications submitted more than two weeks prior to licence expiry
- Funeral provider licence renewal: $156
- Licence renewal for funeral director, embalmer, or both: $156
For applications submitted within two weeks prior to licence expiry
- Funeral provider licence renewal: $213
- Licence renewal for funeral director, embalmer, or both: $213
Other fees and charges
- Priority inspection of a new facility before licensing: $287
- Administrative fee under funeral provider’s license: $30
- Late submission of administrative fee: $242
- Late submission of annual preneed sales report: $242
- Change in licensee’s name or change in licensed location address: $57
- Change in senior officers / shareholder of the licensee: $57
- Licensees’ employer change: $57
- Submitting an NSF payment or declined credit card payment: $55
- Application for reconsideration of a decision: $242
Read about our reconsideration process.
Prorated licence fees
If you become licensed mid-way through the year, this is the fee schedule:
|Month of application||Sept||Oct||Nov||Dec||Jan||Feb||Mar-Aug|
|Funeral director, embalmer, or both||$213||$198||$174||$159||$159||$159||$159|
All fees and charges will increase each year by 2% on the anniversary of the effective date.
Administrative fees are exempt:
- if the death registration is paid for by the Office of Public Guardian and Trustee, the Ministry of Employment and Income Assistance, the federal department of Veterans Affairs or the Last Post Fund
- if the death registration is for an infant either stillborn or deceased at less than seven days of age.
Read the notification of fee changes for funeral services (2018-2020).