Didn’t get travel services?
Looking for information for situations where your travel was cancelled by the supplier, perhaps for COVID-related issues or bad weather? If you booked your travel online, by phone, email, or fax, and the services weren’t provided to you by the supplier, you may have options to pursue through BC’s distance sales laws.
Travel agents and wholesalers in BC must be licensed and meet certain requirements. Ensure that your travel plans are protected by booking with a licensed BC travel agent. The Travel Assurance Fund (TAF) is a possible source of compensation if you don’t get the travel services you bought and is only available if you booked with a licensed agent or wholesaler.
Book with a licensed travel agent/wholesaler.
Read our consumer tips:
- The Travel Assurance Fund
- The benefits of booking with a travel agent
- Why it matters: getting a receipt for travel services
- Be a smart traveller
- Travelling? Top 3 things you need to know before you book
- Bruce & Anne’s story: a happy ending to a great African adventure
- Booking travel online: 3 red flags of travel fraud