Didn’t get travel services?
*Looking for refunds due to cancelled travel, likely related to COVID-19? If you booked online, by phone, email, or fax, we have specific information and steps for you to get a refund. The information below does not apply to those situations.*
Travel agents and wholesalers in BC must be licensed and meet certain requirements. Ensure that your travel plans are protected by booking with a licensed BC travel agent. The Travel Assurance Fund (TAF) is a possible source of compensation if you don’t get the travel services you bought and is only available if you booked with a licensed agent or wholesaler.
Book with a licensed travel agent/wholesaler.
Read our consumer tips:
- The Travel Assurance Fund
- The benefits of booking with a travel agent
- Why it matters: getting a receipt for travel services
- Be a smart traveller
- Travelling? Top 3 things you need to know before you book
- Bruce & Anne’s story: a happy ending to a great African adventure
- Booking travel online: 3 red flags of travel fraud