We just published our 2013 Annual Report and Financial Statements – check out some of our highlights from last year!
Our Annual Report has a lot of information and statistics, including the following 2013 activities:
- Consumers received over $70,000 in restitution.
- Debt continued to be the top topic of interest of consumers contacting our Inquiry Centre, representing 20% of our total call and email volume
- BC’s first Consumer Awareness Week was launched in March 2013, in conjunction with Fraud Prevention Mont
- The Online Dispute Resolution pilot project continued as a non-adversarial and cost-effective alternative to Small Claims Court. Here’s what one consumer had to say: “Just want to say thanks for having that Online Dispute Resolution service. It’s great that certain companies have committed to using it.”
- A BC door-to-door salesman was issued a 15-year Direct Sales Prohibition Order, the first of its kind to be issued by Consumer Protection BC.
For more information about what we were up to in 2013, please view our Annual Report and Financial Statements in full.