Need to cancel a contract?
Have you signed a contract for goods or services that will be supplied in the future like home repairs? You may have entered into a future performance contract. By law, these contracts must have certain information to help you make an informed decision.
An issue with a phone, cable or internet contract? Contact the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-Television Services (CCTS).
Want to learn more about your rights about a contract you signed at a motor dealership? Contact the Vehicle Sales Authority.
Read our consumer tips:
- What would you do? A guide to being a savvy consumer: home-repair
- Contract deposits: are there limits?
- Don’t buy into a home renovation scam!
- Consumer question: How can I tell if a contractor is legit?
- Jack and Lisa’s story: Paving the way to a consumer refund
Links to external resources:
If you’re not happy with a service (from People’s Law School)
The basics of hiring someone to perform a service (from People’s Law School)
My home reno was a disaster. Can I sue these guys? (from Clicklaw)