Cemeteries & crematoriums
Thinking about the final resting place for yourself or a loved one? Making end-of-life decisions can be difficult, so it’s important to know that there are certain laws in BC that address cemetery and funeral services. This includes who needs to be licensed with us (funeral homes, crematoriums and cemeteries, as well as individual funeral directors and embalmers).
Read our consumer tips:
- Pre-paying for your end-of-life arrangements…what’s right for you?
- Your preneed cemetery or funeral services contracts rights
- Worried about funeral costs? Here are your rights in BC
- Why it matters: knowing your options when picking out a casket or container
- Steps to take following a death
- Can I be buried on the family farm?
- What can be done with my ashes when I die?
- Are you allowed to mail cremated remains?