Cemeteries & crematoriums
Thinking about the final resting place for yourself or a loved one? Making end-of-life decisions can be difficult, so it’s important to know that there are certain laws in BC that address cemetery and funeral services. This includes who needs to be licensed with us (funeral homes, crematoriums and cemeteries, as well as individual funeral directors and embalmers).
Read our consumer tips:
- Steps to take following a death
- Pre-paying for your end-of-life arrangements…what’s right for you?
- Your preneed cemetery or funeral services contracts rights
- Can I be buried on the family farm?
- Selecting a casket or an urn – know your rights
- Why it matters: knowing your options when picking out a casket or container
- Are you allowed to mail cremated remains?