Report price gouging
Consumer Protection BC has been appointed by the BC Government as the first and main point of contact for all complaints related to price gouging and reselling of essential goods and supplies in the province. We will work in coordination with police and enforcement officers to ensure the complaints are resolved appropriately.
When submitting a price gouging complaint, please provide:
- Your name and contact information, for possible follow up
- The type of product being sold, the new price, and the previous price if possible
- Any evidence, if possible, such as a picture or receipt
- The name of the business and the address, including the city
Essential goods and supplies are any goods and supplies that are necessary for the health, safety and welfare of people, including:
- food, water and other beverages
- fuel and gasoline
- health care goods, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies
- personal hygiene, sanitation and cleaning goods
Read all of our COVID-19 consumer information and resources.