< All Topics

Vehicle insurance

The Insurance Corporation of BC (ICBC) provides universal car insurance to BC drivers and is responsible for driver licensing and vehicle registration and licensing.

The British Columbia Utilities Commission (BCUC) regulates BC’s energy utilities, and it also oversees ICBC’s universal compulsory automobile insurance. Visit the BCUC website to understand their authority around insurance.

We don’t have the authority to help you with this.


If you still can’t get your issue resolved, you can get a referral to a lawyer, go to Small Claims Court for civil disputes from $5,001-$35,000, or the Civil Resolution Tribunal for disputes under $5,000.