< All Topics

Real estate

The BC Financial Services Authority (BCFA) licenses and regulates the real estate sector in BC. The BCFSA can investigate mishandling of deposits, misrepresentation, fraudulent activity, misleading advertising, not acting in the best interest of the client, acting outside of the scope of authority given by a client, improper real estate developer disclosure and misconduct, conflicts of interest, and unlicensed real estate activity.


If you still can’t get your issue resolved, you can get a referral to a lawyer, go to Small Claims Court for civil disputes from $5,001-$35,000, or the Civil Resolution Tribunal for disputes under $5,000.


Tags: housing, house, home, market