< All Topics


Try to resolve the issue with the bank directly, first with the customer service representative, then with a manager if needed.

We don’t have the authority to help you with issues with your bank.


  • Many banks have an official complaint process, check your bank’s website for that information or ask a customer service representative.
  • The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) supervises federally regulated financial entities, such as banks and federal credit unions. Submit a complaint to the FCAC.
  • The Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI) is an independent body that investigates complaints. Ask your bank or check your bank’s website to see if the OBSI handles its customer complaints.


Tags: money, credit card, debit, finance, banking transaction,