Want to return something you bought?
Did you buy a new shirt only to find that it just doesn’t fit? Or are you unhappy with the quality of your new computer? Maybe you purchased a defective product? Most retail sales are regulated by the Sale of Goods Act which is overseen by the courts (not any particular organization). Learning your rights, responsibilities and what isn’t covered by law can help you make an informed buying decision.
Read our consumer tips:
- What is a “quality of service” issue and what can you do about it?
- How to write an effective complaint letter
- Dear Consumer Protection BC: retail sales
- Dear Consumer Protection BC: returns and refunds
- Misleading advertisements: what can be done about it?