Report scams or potential fraud to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (CFAC). The CAFC is the central agency in Canada that collects information and criminal intelligence on such matters as mass marketing fraud ( for example, telemarketing), advance fee fraud, Internet fraud and identity theft complaints.
To learn more about certain types of scams, read this information provided by the People’s Law School.
Read our consumer tips:
- Hang up on unwanted scam calls
- Watch out for charity scams
- Is it a tech support scam?
- Fake coupon scams: tips to stay wise to this up-and-coming scammer trick
- Free trial traps: how to identify them and what to do if you’re stuck