The British Columbia Utilities Commission (BCUC) handles complaints about regulated energy utilities such as BC Hydro, Fortis BC, and Pacific Northern Gas Ltd. The types of complaints they investigate are disconnection matters, billing issues, meter reading and power reliability. For urgent complaints like disconnections, you can phone the BCUC at 604.660.4700, or 1.800.663.1385. Visit the BCUC website.

Techincal Safety BC can help with getting electrical and gas permits, finding licensed electrical and gas contractors and they also share technical systems safety information to help educate their clients and the public. Visit the Technical Safety BC website.