Changes to travel licence renewals and financial reporting
Last updated: April 3, 2019
We have shifted all the travel licence renewal dates to align with your financial reporting deadline.
When you last renewed your licence (applications were due March 31, 2019) your new licence was issued for anywhere between 10 and 21 months. This is because everyone has a different fiscal year end and so it’s going to take some time to get the renewal dates to line up with the financial reporting dates (after March 31, 2019).
The cost may have also changed – if you were being issued a 21-month licence, you are paying more because your licence is valid for longer.
What do you need to know ?
- You can renew your licence in MyAccount.
- Your licence now expires 3 months after your financial year end. For example, if your fiscal year end is December 30, 2019, your next licence renewal deadline will be March 30, 2020.
- This means that your current licence may be for a time period of 10 to 21 months. The expiry date printed directly on your licence.
- Continue to watch for emails from us – we will remind you of your deadlines.
- When the time comes, you will have to submit your financial report prior to renewing your licence. There won’t be any extensions.
- If you don’t renew your licence, you are not allowed to operate your business.
See a sample of the financial reporting requirements (for reference only)
We know you have a lot to think about when it comes to running your business. We are working towards making the licensing and reporting process quicker and easier for you. We will talk you through each step of the process, be clear about the fees and explain how to submit your financials online. Please watch for those emails and read them carefully. Please let us know if you have new contact information and we must be notified if your fiscal year end date changes.
We anticipate that all the changes will be in place by the end of 2020. Thank you for your patience and trust during this transition period.
If you have questions, please contact our Licensing and Information Services team at 1.888.564.9963 or send us an email to email@example.com.