Taxi Complaints (Vancouver)
If you have comments or concerns about taxi service in Metro Vancouver, please click on the following links:
- The Ministry of Transportation and Consumer Protection BC Partnership
- Submitting a Comment or Concern About Taxi Service in Metro Vancouver
- Additional Resources
The Ministry of Transportation is working with Consumer Protection BC to provide telephone and web-based services for you to direct your comments and concerns regarding Metro Vancouver taxi services.
Consumer Protection BC promotes a fair marketplace for consumers and businesses in BC and was created to strengthen consumer protection in the province. BC's consumer protection laws provide the framework to help Consumer Protection BC protect consumers. Through this website and our toll-free inquiry line, Consumer Protection BC provides BC's public with information on how to become more informed consumers.
Consumer Protection BC's role with respect to taxi service inquiries and complaints is to receive, respond to, track and refer them.
When contacting Consumer Protection BC about a taxi service, please provide your name and as much detail as you can about:
- Who? The company name, taxi number and name of the driver;
- What? A description of the incident;
- When? The date and time of the incident; and
- Where? The location where the incident occurred.
- To obtain additional information about the Ministry of Transportation Taxi Bill of Rights, click here.
- To view the the Ministry of Transportation news release, click here.