How Can We Help?

Was this information useful?
+ Yes
+ No

Travel agents and wholesalers located in BC are required to be licensed. When you book a trip with a licensed BC travel agent or wholesaler, you can feel confident that these businesses have obligations under BC law including regular financial reporting and providing security.

Additionally, when you book travel with a licensed agent or wholesaler, you are able to make a claim to the Travel Assurance Fund (TAF), a possible source of compensation when consumers do not receive the travel services they purchased and are unable to obtain compensation through their travel insurance, credit card or other sources.

If you have a complaint about a travel agency, please visit our How To Make a Complaint section on the right. 

If you are a licensed business or a business wishing to become licensed in the province of BC, you can find information about application requirements and procedures in the Help For Businesses section (the green tab) of this website.

BC licensed travel agents and wholesalers are required to contribute to the TAF, which is administered by Consumer Protection BC.