Resources & Links
Was this information useful?
- Ministry of Housing and Social Development - Current legal information regarding funeral costs
- British Columbia Funeral Association - General information regarding funeral services, cemeteries and cremation.
- International Cemetery Crematorium and Funeral Association (ICCFA) - answers questions about funeral and cemetery arrangements, cremation, grief and other issues related to the end of life.
- BC Hospice Palliative Care Association - a member-driven organization that works to ensure that all people in BC and Yukon have access to Quality End-of-Life Care.
- BC Transplant Society - Information about donation of organs transplant or medical research
- Memorial Society of British Columbia - A non-profit and volunteer driven society which helps its members plan funerals that are simple, dignified and affordable
Death Benefits & Assistance
- Employment and Assistance Regulation - Assistance for families or the estate of a deceased person who does not have immediate resources to cover costs of burial or cremation
- Worksafe BC – The Workers’ Compensation Board of BC can provide information regarding compensation when a work related injury results in death
- Victim Services and Crime Prevention Division – Funeral expense assistance for immediate family members of injured or deceased victims of certain crimes
- Insurance Corporation of BC (ICBC) - Information about no-fault accident benefits which include payment (or partial payment) for funeral expenses
- National Defence and the Canadian Forces Benefits – In certain circumstances provides payment (or partial payment) for funeral and burial related expenses for military personnel
- The Last Post Fund – Provides assistance for funerals and burials for qualified war veterans, Merchant Mariners and certain other qualified people
- Public Guardian & Trustee of British Columbia – Protects the rights of mentally incapable persons, minors, and the estates of missing or deceased persons where there is no named executor or no one willing or able to act as an executor
- Ministry of Housing and Social Development – May provide assistance where are no resources available to pay for funeral expenses through the individual’s estate or family unit, or the sponsor deceased sponsored immigrant