How do I log on to my account for the first time?
- To log on for the first time, you will need your initial account id, password and licence number. These will be provided in your licence renewal package;
- Once you receive your renewal package, open your web browser and go to: www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/index.php/portal-account-creation;
- Enter the information in the appropriate fields;
- You will then be directed to the password change screen where you can enter a unique password for your account;
- Enter your new password (it's important that you remember this new password) and click "Change Password";
- You will then be directed to your secure account home page. From here you can use the menus on the left to perform certain functions.
How do I return to my account home page once I have logged in and navigate away from the home page?
- Click on the "My Account" link that appears at the top of your browser window.
How do I login once I have created my account?
- You can login in to your account from anywhere on the Consumer Protection BC web site using the Username and Password boxes at the top of your browser window; or
- You can bookmark the Travel Agent/Wholesaler Login screen at: www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/index.php/agentwholesaler-login; or
- You can click on the Travel Agent/Wholesaler Login link from the Travel Portal Home Page at www.travelrightsbc.ca.
How do I change my username or password?
- Using the instructions above, log in to your account;
- Click on the left hand menu called "Manage My Account";
- Enter a new username or password in the fields provided;
- Click on SAVE at the bottom of the window;
- NOTE: Your username must be a current and valid email address. Consumer Protection BC will use this email address to communicate with you on licensing matters in the future.
What else can I do from my account?
- Click on Manage My Account to change your mailing address, phone, fax, email or other contact information
- Click on Renew My Licence to renew your licence. This feature will only be active when your licence status is NOTICE and Consumer Protection BC has notified you it is time to renew. This feature will not be available for branch locations which are renewed by a head office;
- Click on Report a Violation to report compliance issues or other violations you may suspect are occurring in the industry;
- Click on Use Our Logo to request a copy of the html code to load our logo on your web site.
What do I do if I forget my password?
What do I do if I forget my userid?
Why does the Account Login screen give me the option to Register?
- This is a standard option for public users of our site who may want to register and receive email updates and so forth.
- Licensees should disregard this link as you will automatically be registered for our site with the launch of the portal or the issuance of a new licence.