How do I log on to my account for the first time?
- To log on for the first time, you will need your initial account id, password and licence number. These will be provided in your licence renewal package;
- Once you receive your renewal package, open your web browser and go to: www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/index.php/portal-account-creation;
- Enter the information in the appropriate fields;
- You will then be directed to the password change screen where you can enter a unique password for your account;
- Enter your new password (it's important that you remember this new password) and click "Change Password";
- You will then be directed to your secure account home page. From here you can use the menus on the left to perform certain functions.
How do I return to my account home page once I have logged in and navigate away from the home page?
- Click on the "My Account" link that appears at the top of your browser window.
How do I login once I have created my account?
How do I change my username or password?
- Using the instructions above, log in to your account;
- Click on the left hand menu called "Manage My Account";
- Enter a new username or password in the fields provided;
- Click on SAVE at the bottom of the window;
- NOTE: Your username must be a current and valid email address. Consumer Protection BC will use this email address to communicate with you on licensing matters in the future.
What else can I do from my account?
- Click on Manage My Account to change your mailing address, phone, fax, email or other contact information
- Click on Report a Violation to report compliance issues or other violations you may suspect are occurring in the industry;
- Click on Use Our Logo to request a copy of the html code to load our logo on your web site.
What do I do if I forget my password?
What do I do if I forget my userid?
Why does the Account Login screen give me the option to Register?
- This is a standard option for public users of our site who may want to register and receive email updates and so forth.
- Licensees should disregard this link as you will automatically be registered for our site when you activate your licence account.