A career at Consumer Protection BC puts you at the centre of a highly valued marketplace guardian. Our vision is confident consumers and trusted businesses in a thriving marketplace. We believe in engaging, educating, empowering and enforcing to build a stronger marketplace in the province of BC.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to help make a difference in the community, we invite you to explore the possibilities with us. We offer competitive benefits and pension plan, access to training and development opportunities and the chance to work with a team of passionate professionals committed to making a difference.Please review our current vacancies below.
Licensing Officer - AuxiliaryPosted: September 17, 2015
Closing Date: October 12, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
Location: Victoria, BC
Term: Available immediately for a term until June 2016, with possibility of extension
Salary Range: $45,440.41 to $51,559.50 annually
Consumer Protection BC is looking for an auxiliary (temporary) Licensing Officer to join our team!
Who you are:
- A team player, with a positive attitude and a desire to work cooperatively with others to achieve group and organizational goals
- An excellent communicator, with strong analytical and research skills
- A true service provider focused on identifying and serving the needs of many different stakeholders
- A detailed-oriented employee, with excellent skills in standard computer applications and information systems
What you will be doing:
- Receiving and processing new and renewal licensing and registration applications, including making decisions to approve or not approve applications
- Contacting applicants to obtain missing and further information and searching databases to obtain current information on the status of the applicant’s business
- Calculating and collecting applicable fees and reconciling financial account information, and preparing and maintaining electronic files of documents and correspondence
- Providing information about Consumer Protection BC and specific licensing or program requirements in response to inquiries
- Working independently and as part of a team to carry out administrative projects and increasing administrative efficiency
Are you the next member of our team? We are looking for people who have:
- A combination of four years clerical/administrative support through experience, education or training
- Experience receiving, evaluating and processing license or registration applications (or similar) and providing information to clients
- Experience in keyboarding, word processing, spreadsheet and other standard computer applications and information systems